Sunday, February 6, 2011

pink baby shower



I was very honoured to host my sister-in-law's baby shower on the weekend.
She has been living in Dubai for the last 5 years and is finally home for good, so we thought it would be nice share her joy with family and friends.

As you can see, she is expecting a little girl, so it was pink, pink, pink!

Decorations:
Tissue pom poms were used to soften the room.. they were like huge marshmellows! Thank you to ah tissue for the inspiration! Daneve has a beautiful online store.

Invitation/Banners/cupcake toppers/thank you tags:
Designed by raspberrycreative (me).
Will be available on my website soon.

On arrival, each guest received a pink mini dummy bracelet on white ribbon
(pictured with milk bottles) Very cute!

The guests took home a little treat of milk bottles. (Available at Coles).

Cake: Hummingbird cake - homemade by me! An egg free option so I could eat it! Yum!
Punch: Last minute - make it up as you go along... pineapple and cocomut juice, lemonade and raspberry cordial.. It was a hit!!!!!!

Overall, it was a beautiful gathering. The joy of seeing a glowing mum to be, the smiles on everyone's faces, the wonderful advice she received (good and scary)and the feeling that I have made a wonderful memory for Anita to cherish.